Wednesday, November 19, 2014

When It Rains It Pours



Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."
John 13:7

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
James 1:2-4

Everyday I continually remind myself of these verses. Knowing, praying and believing that God is working all things out for HIS good. Some days I have no idea what he is doing...well most days I have no idea! It seems thought that when it rains is pours. 
This past weekend Nick had all of his hunting gear stolen off of our back porch. His gear was in a tub and he was leaving it there so that the scent of the inside wouldn't get on his gear. The crazy thing is his boots were out there and a really nice tent was out there too..they didn't touch those. I mean how would they know what was in the tub? It was so frustrating and we were really upset. Nick and I aren't rich and we have worked really hard to get what was in that tub. I bought his camo that was in the tub as a wedding gift and he worked to sell t-shirts for him to get a really nice backpack. The total cost of everything in the tub was roughly $500. Nick doesn't look at hunting as a recreational sport he looks at it as a way to provide for us. This is also a time for him to be with other guys...and building those relationships that he was made for. Even throughout this time...I looked at it as an opportunity for God to show off even more than what he has been doing. 

On Monday I found out that I got approved for unemployment! Even though the amount isn't great it is still something and I give God the glory for providing! Last month God provided $2,000 and this month he has already provided $1,500...It's as if he is paying us for the job that I don't have. I know I had mentioned the interview that I had...well it got pushed to Wednesday from Monday. The interview went so well...and she said that I should hear something by the end of the week! I will keep you updated. This week Nick and I launched our t-shirt/apparel company and website. Even though he has been working hard at it since 2012 we are making it more official.. together! Check out our site at www.legacyhelms.com 

Now to this weekend. I have been planning and preparing for our youth retreat as I have been asked to be the speaker. I'll tell you what... God has something so amazing for these teens and adults this weekend! Satan has been attacking...fighting... and well.. let's just say... I want revenge! I ask that you please pray for our teens, workers and myself as God leads us...directs us...and frees us! 

Oh...and we have found a name for our car... Rubyletta Jenkins... Ruby for short! 

I also tried to attach our wedding video to this post but it was too big. You can view it on YouTube. Just type Nick & Kendra Jones Wedding and it should come up! 



Thanks for Keeping Up With The Joneses! 


No comments:

Post a Comment